Home / Courses / Join The Team
Join The Team
Join The Team
Make Up Artist Tutor/Assessor,
Nail Tutor/Assessor Vacancy
Reporting to:Senior Trainer Assessor
Line Management Duties:None
Location:Batley with a requirement for regular travel to SBA satellite offices or relevant external meetings as required by the MD
Working as the Make-up Artist Tutor & Assessor you will be responsible for a number of learners in the capacity of both tutor and assessor. As the Make-up Artist Tutor & Assessor you are to support and guide the learners / students at all time to ensure that the learning is fun, interesting, relevant, challenging and appropriate.
Your responsibilities as the Make-up Artist Tutor & Assessor will include guiding and supporting the learners through the assessments, providing effective verbal and written feedback to ensure learners develop their skills and have a clear understanding on their ILP goals and targets and what is required of them to successfully complete their NVQ courses and progress into either further learning or sustainable employment.
Main Tasks of Job:
To deliver and support learning through formal scheduled high quality teaching for NVQ Level 3 Make-Up courses
Correctly complete registration documents at the beginning of each session and keep these updated
- Report accurately on the progress of both individuals and groups
- Have a fully completed lesson plan before each lesson, evaluation to be completed after the lesson
- Engage all learners in the planning and delivery of lessons, ensuring that differentiation strategies and techniques are employed in all sessions
- Thoroughly guide learners through their portfolio building and development at all stages of the course, completing units when all the evidence has been assessed and achieved
- Contribute towards the management of learning programmes and to ongoing curriculum development
- Act as a group tutor to more than one tutor group at a time, if and where required.
- Accurately track all written assessments and practical assessments for your tutor group
- Ensure effective continuous assessment and action planning of learners portfolios throughout their course and final assessment within the agreed time limit, ready for final IV
To hand in sampling to the IV throughout the duration of the course
- To work with and liaise with your Internal Verifier and provide requested sample on time.
- To assess and mark learners assignments, tests and examinations within the agreed timescales, with clear and constructive feedback using the correct documentation and criteria.
- Assess all units in NVQ Make up courses and to assess in other areas from time to time
- Practical assessments must be carried out efficiently and to time
- Adhere to the standards, specifications and standardisation of techniques and procedures as set out for Hair and Media Makeup for teaching both practical and theory sessions
- Take part and complete all standardisation exercises as handed out and monitored by the IV Team
- Submit group portfolios to IV within the agreed timeframes in order to facilitate timely completion